20 July, 2006

Rock Climbing

So I've been talking lately, amongst myself and with a few other people as well, about wanting to start doing some kind of physical activity on a regular basis again. I miss it. One of the more prevelant ideas I've had has been indoor rock climbing. It's been years since I've done it, and I loved it when I did.

Today, for work, I'm going to be going way the hell up into north Phoenix, way far away... so I pull up a map of where I'm going... look carefully.... look again... scratch my head, and say "Hey.. I recognize that area. I've seen a map talking about this location...", then it hits me like a donkey punch! That's right up there next to one of the rock gyms I used to go to! I think it's time for me to start making up excuses to go up to our co-location facility. Now I just need to find somebody to go climbing with me.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(smirk) I do love the Ferris Bueller's day off referance. . . and for what it's worth I'm not surprised you "talk amongst yourself". . .you were always somewhat special :D

Anonymous said...

Wish we could rock climb together. I was doing it a lot a few years ago and I liked doing the tall wall with a partner better than bouldering. :)